Thursday, January 30, 2014

Taiwan - 7 Shots of Taipei, Taiwan

I'm far from being an OK photographer but still, I like to take photographs and share it with my friends. So, I thought of this 7 shots series where I'll post 7 photos that I think represent the place. I did it for Pulau Ketam and Klang during the #TSBreakAway adventures and I begin the series with 7 pictures of Taipei, a city I recently visited and came to love.

Chinese deity costume

I took this photo inside a Chinese temple somewhere in Wanhua district. I'm a poor dictionary on all things Chinese hence, I can't say for sure whether this is a deity or something along the line. I just find it very creepy, an unexpected adjective in a temple.

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall

Security guard change process

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall is a popular tourist spot in Taipei, mostly for the 10 plus minutes security guard change. The process was precise and detailed, something quite interesting for those who has yet to see anything like this.

Either National Theatre Hall or National Concert Hall

Honestly, I can't be sure which one is this for both the National Theatre Hall and National Concert Hall boost the same architecture style and located on the same ground as Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall (one on the left and the other right). These two buildings are especially stunning during night time when all lit up.

Shilin Night Market

A stall in Huaxi Night Market

Night markets are regular past time activities in Taiwan come night time. I had visited 4 of them in my short time in the city and I have to say, not every one of them are the same. Shilin Night Market is hip and happening but cater more towards tourists while Huaxi Night Market has a local vibe to it.

Longshan Temple

One of the oldest temples in Taipei, Longshan Temple constantly has a large crowd of people paying respects to Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy the temple dedicated to. While the original architecture was damaged long ago, it still reeks of tradition and heritage.

*TO BE CONTINUED*

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it looks creepy.

    And no, you are being humble Jeff. Your photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete