Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday's Newsflash - Air Asia Is Flying to Lombok Soon

Air Asia has been on the radar quite frequently, it seems, or maybe I have been entering their websites far too often already. After winning the accolade for World's Best Low Cost Airline for the fourth consecutive year in the SKYTRAX World Airline Awards, which in turn awarding us with the so-called World's Best Ever Sale (not the best, in my humble opinion, but still quite good), now comes the news that the carrier will be launching another new route to Indonesia, this time to the neighbouring island of Bali, Lombok. First, Kathmandu, Nepal. Now, Lombok, Indonesia. More to come, please!


The launching date has yet to be announced but you can be sure that everyone is waiting for it. Air Asia often gives cheap promotional fare for its new routes and the same can be expected out of this flight to Lombok. My trip to Semarang was in due to the promotional launching fare and I hope to do the same for Lombok. Maybe I can even visit the alluring Bali as well. After all, Bali is just 2 hours speed boat ride away.



Photos of Lombok courtesy of Air Asia

6 comments:

  1. whops.. I heard the beaches are nice there.. need to save money to buy the promo tix also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lombok looks like a beautiful place and goosh!!! I have so many places lined up for holiday. For short trip I travel in AirAsia but long flights will always be MAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan Arif: Yea, I heard about it too...possibly, drop by to Bali or the Komodo National Park...

    Navaneetham Krishnan: Isn't it? I too have many places that I want to visit and will definitely try to fit in all...I have yet to fly with MAS but hope to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to Lombok a few times . It's a beautiful location . Excellent beaches , great food , interesting culture and friendly people . I just hope it doesn't get as hectic as Bali ..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing that'll be the case now with easy access from KL to Lombok...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan Arif and Jeff Chuah: I recommend you to search "MALDIVES" if you are looking for great beaches. I'm sure, it would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete