Monday, January 7, 2013

Kuala Lumpur - SkyBar, Traders Hotel

One of my resolutions for 2013 is to explore Kuala Lumpur more. Honestly, I have been living in the city for more than a year now and the only places that I have been to the most are the shopping centres in the capital city. Well, not anymore for this year, I'll be exploring KL and see what the city can offer.

SkyBar @ Traders Hotel, KL

The first stop of the year has to be the famous SkyBar. If you are looking for a great spot to enjoy a drink or two with the Petronas Twin Tower serving as your background, look no further for this lounge is the place to be. Located at the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel, SkyBar offers unparallel views of the two maizes.

After many failed attempts last year, finally, I had landed my feet on SkyBar itself together with two of my friends last Saturday. And boys, was I not disappointed.

SkyBar is best described as followed: a narrow stripe of space with one side providing unarguably the best views of the tallest building in the country (the other side offers nothing to be excited about), a shallow-looking pool dominating the central ground, the room beautifully lit by neon colours, the music not too loud, not too soft, just perfect to the ears. In short, just the right spot for chilling out and sipping a cocktail or two.

Window seats, with the pool in the centre

The bar

We made no reservation but still, we managed to secure a window seat rather quick. All you have to do is to  put your name in the waiting list and once there is empty table or a cancelled reservation, you will be called. We waited at most 30 minutes.

The Petronas Twin Tower

The left side

The right side

You can even see the water fountain show in KLCC Park

The drinks that we ordered:

Mai Tai (RM 19++)

Well, all of us had the Mai-Tai (the Happy Hour drink) because, however fancy the place may be or well-dressed we are, we are still very poor, financially speaking. Once we moved to the window seat, we ordered one of their snacks, Sticky Nachos.

Sticky nachos, which according to my friend, addictive...

We took photos, we chatted, we drank (very little, unfortunately), we ate. By the time it was 10.30 pm, we left as we had satisfied our hungers for all things beautiful.

How can there be no group shot???

Well, in my opinion, SkyBar is worth a visit as the drinks are reasonably priced and the atmosphere is amazing. The service is rather good and even though you do not have any reservation made, you still can have window seats. The only drawback is that not everyone adheres to the dress code (if there is one). I saw people wearing shorts and sandals. A shame, though.

All in all, I will definitely come again for nothing but relaxation.

One cocktail is not enough for me X-D

p/s I'm procrastinating, I know, I know. I will end my Vietnam post soon. This statement appears far too often, giving off nothing but hollow ring, but I will wrap it up if it's the last thing I'll do.

Sharing is caring. A word of advice and a piece of information.

SkyBar at Traders Hotel is easily accessible even by public transportation. Just take the Kelana Jaya line to KLCC and walk for 5 - 10 minutes to the Traders Hotel which is at the other end of the KLCC Convention Centre, the one furthest from the Suria KLCC. If not, a quick call to the taxi and all your worries will be gone. Their Happy Hour lasts until 9.00 pm everyday and the Happy Hour drinks differ from Mondays to Sundays. Refer to their official website here for more details.

15 comments:

  1. What camera brand and model are you using? Still pretty amazing eventhough took at night. I did heard this place before from the radio advertising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com


      LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
      First name:
      Middle name:
      2) Gender:.........
      3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
      4) Loan Duration:.........
      5) Country:.........
      6) Home Address:.........
      7) Mobile Number:.........
      8) Email address..........
      9) Monthly Income:.....................
      10) Occupation:...........................
      11)Which site did you here about us.....................
      Thanks and Best Regards.
      Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. introducing my baby, Nikon D3100...haha...
    night shots have to be very stable to capture a nice image and often i failed to do so...i have a shaky hand...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice and a good place to chill out. So, what's not to like? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wanted to go here but never had the chance yet. Haha. Yeah, if Bangkok Sky Bar, dress code is very strict. Sudddenly I mis Bangkok. Mai Tai only 99 Baht. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khai, I now only saw this comment..so sorry..
    KL SkyBar is rather interesting, especially if you manage to get the window seats as there's where the best views are seen..as for Bangkok Sky Bar, I still haven't been there yet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi jeff, i already tried to call sky bar for reservation but they just gv me a return call and told me that it is fully booked on the day i wanna make a reservation by the window for birthday surprise. :( i am quite surprise though cos the date is another two weeks time but it is on saturday. :( Do u think its possible for me to get the seat by the window during the sunset upon writing my name on waiting list? what time did u came last time? was it after 8?

    ReplyDelete
  7. $$$ URGENT LOAN OFFER WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$
    Do you need Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get FUNDED at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

    Full name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Address:
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone number:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:

    E-mail: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com


    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name:
    Middle name:
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need urgent financing? apply now - We Offer Private, Commercial and Personal financing for your business, to pay off your bills,We give out Educational funds,Business funds, home funds, Agricultural funds,Personal funds, Auto funds and other good Reason,we can also invest large sums of money in that project that need money to establish with at a least 3% interest rate in a duration of 1- 30 years depending on the fund amount you need , For more information contact us.Contact us today. Email:(info.standardonlinefinance@gmail.com) we shall respond to you as soon as we receive your loan application details below.

    First name:
    Middle name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Total Amount Needed:
    Time Duration:
    Address:
    Currency Needed
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone:
    Mobile/cellular:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:
    Which sites did you know about us.....
    ( info.standardonlinefinance@gmail.com )for immediate attention. Contact
    us now and get an urgent loan within two (2) days!!!
    Regards,
    Mr Abdul Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you need Finance?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
    We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
    expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via Email:maxcreditfinance@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m Charles David by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Dr Purva Pius ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $237,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

    I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders.

    Thanks you Dr Purva Pius Loan service for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOD DAY AND WELCOME TO STANDARD ONLINE FINANCE LTD
    Do you need 100% Finance? I can fix your financial needs with a lower back problem of 3% interest rate. Whatever your circumstances, self employed, retired, have a poor credit rating, we could help. flexible repayment, Contact us through our E-mail at: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com

    Apply now for all types of loans and get money urgently!
    * The interest rate is 3%
    * Choose between 1 and 35 years of repayment.
    * Choose between monthly and annual repayment plan.
    * Terms and conditions of the flexibility of loans.

    Regards,
    Mr. Abdul Muqse

    ReplyDelete