Monday, January 28, 2013

Hong Kong (香港) - Overview

Disneyland. That's my main reason for visiting Hong Kong this time around. I opted for Ocean Park (part 1 and part 2) on my first visit and now, it's time for Disneyland Hong Kong! Boy, can I just say what a magical adventure we had in the wonderland.

Me with Buzz Lightyear

I was giggly one minute, hyped up the next, watery eyed in another moment, bouncing up and down before getting all giggly again and I am a perfectly sane grown up, not some ADD kid. It says something about this magical world of Disneyland, a realm where you are reliving your childhood memories. Such a thrill seeing Mickey and his awesome gangs in person!

Disneyland Hong Kong grand firework display

Of course, Disneyland Hong Kong cannot be the only place we visited for the 4 days 3 nights trip. Customary landmark such as The Peak cannot be missed. While I may have been to the city before, it was the first time for the rest of the gang, so, The Peak has to be in it. Other than that, we went to Lamma Island as we took the iVenture Card promotion (a fantastic deal if you want to explore Hong Kong - more on that soon!). While just a short visit to the scenic outlying island, it was nonetheless memorable.

At The Peak

And how can shopping not part of the itinerary when Hong Kong is well known to be a shopping paradise? The last day itself was dedicated to splurging and suffice to say, we all came back with bags in hands. In short, it was a bang of a way to start the first trip of the year. I will write more about it once all the pending travel tales of mine are out.

*TO BE CONTINUED*

2 comments:

  1. I went Disneyland HK twice cause I never had enough of them. Disneyland makes us young at heart regardless how old were we, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you there! Disneyland brings out the inner child in us all!

    ReplyDelete