Sunday, May 1, 2011

Penang - Night View from Penang Hill

I been to Penang Hill for sunrise and as mentioned in my previous post, I was heading up there again, but this time, it was for the night view and lord, it was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. You can see the whole island from atop, watching all the lights from the buildings and seeing how it illuminating the island. Simply worth the RM 10 spent on the newly installed funicular train ride uphill.

The entrance to the funicular station

Actually, the prices are RM 8 for adults and RM 4 for children but for this week alone, RM 10 was charged as it will be contributed to the charity. The money are well spent as the funicular trains are in superb condition, with the cooling air conditional and rapid speed.


Some of the historical monuments about the cable cars

When we were there, it was already 7.30pm after finished with our dinners and all. We quickly went and secured out ride tickets so that we can have more time uphill. Luckily, we did not have to wait long for immediately after buying the tickets, there was one cable car waiting for us already. Once all of us were inside, the doors slide closed and up it went.

Our ride up

During the ride

A preview of what to be expected

No words can truly describe the beauty from atop the hill. Only when you look at it yourself then you will know what I meant by that. More photos after the jump.




Some of the night shots taken from my camera

The three photographers, each snapping one other

My ticket 
Looking back at the photos taken by my camera, not much shots of the scenic views can be used as there are flaws to it. Most of it due to my inability to hold my hands still. Well, poor people can only afford camera of certain level. Wait till my My friend has published his photos on the trip then so I'll share the link here.

Sharing is caring. A word of advice and a piece of information.

While the prices are RM 8 and RM 4 for adults and children respectively, this is the price for Malaysians only. As for foreigners, the prices are RM 30 and RM 15 for adults and children respectively. The earliest ride would be 6.30am while the latest one is 9.30pm, according to newspapers. While it has said 9.30pm, we had to get to the train sometime before 9pm as they said the last train was 9pm. But don't worry for the administrative people will have a last call and check the ground for sign of visitors. 

2 comments:

  1. great shots, esp from the hill and at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks but i still wish i have more nice shots to share...

    ReplyDelete