Friday, June 13, 2014

Visit Malaysia Year 2014 - Air Adventure Flying Club, Subang

To support Visit Malaysia Year 2014, I will be writing on various tourist attractions in the country. Let us work together to bring in tourists to our lovely Malaysia.

***


At one point in my childhood, I did consider becoming a pilot. Maybe it was the idea of roaming freely up in the air or the limitless feeling attached to the job. However, the dream didn't pan out for various reasons which was ancient news. 

Cessna-172

Yet, I had the opportunity to live out my childhood dream late last year through Air Adventure Flying Club, a private flying club where you can take flying lessons here and become an official pilot. While my session did not lead me to becoming a pilot, it did give me a chance of seeing the aerial view of Kuala Lumpur. 

Flying with Captain Godric

Manning a small Cessna-172 with supervision of a licensed pilot, we flew around the city and what a view. Everything looked like stacked up Lego toys. We got to see the terrible traffic the city is famous for and mind you, it was still early in the morning, 2 hours before lunch break. 
 
Aerial view of the city
The best moment, however, has to be when we flew right next to the twin tower. I have seen the national landmark up close but not from this angle and this height. That was truly priceless. 

Up close and personal with the twin tower

Captain Godric, the pilot I flew with, told me how much he loves his job. I can definitely relate to that.

Info Box

Air Adventure Flying Club,
Light Aircraft Hangar Site, Subang Airport, 47200 Subang.
Their office starts from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. but if you want to catch sunrise or sunset, you can arrange with them.
For more information about the flying lessons as well as the prices, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Huhuhuu.. kenapa best sangat ni :D *jealous :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha pergilah, dekat je ni.. tapi agak mahal jugak la..

    ReplyDelete